Why is maintenance essential to ensure the security of your software and systems?
Regular IT maintenance is essential to ensure an IT system – whether a personal computer or a corporate server – remains secure and stable and operates effectively.What Does Basic IT Maintenance Cover? Basic IT maintenance tasks include:
- Archiving old files
- Deleting duplicate files
- System updates
- System patches
- Anti-virus implementation
- Checks and maintenance of downloaded software packages
- Hardware and other equipment checks
- Any other company-specific disk cleanup tasks
If sensitive or personal information is leaked as a result of inadequate IT security maintenance, this will be detrimental to your company’s reputation.IT Security Maintenance IT security maintenance also involves essential system and software back ups, ensuring the safe storage and accessibility of all company information.
These back ups require knowledge of the system itself – all relevant IT documentation must be readily accessible for successful backup and recovery in case of a major server failure or a cyber attack.How To Make Sure Your Software Is Up To Date As a business you cannot afford to neglect IT maintenance duties, whether they are basic housekeeping tasks or more in-depth security or recovery work.
A reduction in the efficiency of your software function will negatively impact employee productivity, interrupting tasks conducted on malfunctioning software.
There are several means by which you can choose to manage your IT maintenance:
- Hire an in-house IT specialist – this is only possible in larger companies who can afford the high salaries that experienced in-house IT experts command. A single IT specialist may not be able to provide the necessary server support, depending on the extent and usage of your servers. In this case you will need to hire a team at greater expense.
- Delegate your IT maintenance tasks to existing employees – this may seem a more cost-effective solution for smaller businesses, but this approach can result in insufficient output in both the employee’s original role and in software maintenance tasks.
- Outsource your IT maintenance – this avoids delegating the tasks to employees in other roles, while remaining a financially feasible option for smaller businesses. You’ll also benefit from the skills and experience of a specialist, dedicated team.
Our range of cost-effective computer system maintenance options include a 24/7 proactive server support service for company software. We can also complete a variety of IT service tasks and technological upgrades on your behalf, from budget-friendly tablets, laptops and PCs to cabling, network support and basic maintenance. Our service is entirely customizable, ensuring we’re able to create the solution that works for you and your business.
If you’d like to learn more about how our expert team can oversee your IT maintenance requirements, contact FCS and we’ll be more than happy to discuss your exact requirements.